The trading triangle is a gameplay concept in Might and Magic VII and Might and Magic VIII. Several characters in both games buy one commodity from the party and sell another commodity. The party can buy the commodity at a low price from one character and sell it somewhere else for a profit. The higher the initial cost of the items, the higher the profit.
It is recommended to get the town portal spell before doing this, at it will save the party a lot of time and money. It can be a source of unlimited gold with enough patience. There are several triangles available in each game.
Might and Magic VII
- Buy arrowheads from Rydric in Harmondale, sell them to Pip Hillier in Erathia and buy griffin feathers, sell them to Robert Belknap in the Tularean Forest and buy Tularean wood, and sell it to Rydric (86, 44, and 37 gold profit per item, respectively).
- Buy sand from Calindra Goldensight in Tatalia, sell it to Arvin Beneclowd in the Barrow Downs and buy glass bottles, sell them to Infernon in AvLee and buy Enrothian wine, and sell it to Calindra (1,000 gold profit per item).
Might and Magic VIII
- Buy tobersk fruit from Long-Tail in Blood Drop, sell them to Treblid in Ravenshore and buy tobersk pulp, sell it to Gibere in Alvar and buy tobersk brandy, and sell it to Long-Tail (55, 86, and 57 gold profit per item, respectively).
- Buy Silver Dust of the Sea from Journey in Twilight, sell it to Neblick in Ravenshore and buy forged credit vouchers, sell them to Cagnor in Ravage Roaming and buy ground wyvern horn, and sell it to Journey (1294, 800, and 1285 gold profit per item, respectively).
- Buy dried sunfish from Pavel on Regna Island, sell it to Mylander in the Murmurwoods village and buy heartwood of Jadame, sell it to Whisper in Twilight and buy pirate amulets, and sell them to Pavel (244, 794, and 537 gold profit per item, respectively).
The last triangle requires going to the Murmurwoods village, which does not have town portal access, so it is slower than the others.
|Might and Magic game concepts|
|Character classes · Experience · Item lists · Monster lists · Party · Potion brewing · Trading triangle · Quests|
|Heroes of Might and Magic game concepts|
|Adventure map · Artifacts · Campaign · Combat phase · Creatures (I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII) · Creature attributes · Damage · Dwelling · Experience · Grail/Tear of Asha · Growth · Hero classes (Advanced classes) · Heroes · List of adventure map structures (I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII) · Line of sight · Luck · Morale · Primary skill · Puzzle map · Resource · Scenario · Secondary skills · Specialty · Spells · Subterranean level · Terrain type · Time system · Towns (I · II · III · IV · V · VI · VII)|
|King's Bounty game concepts|
|Boss · Heroes · Marriage · Spirits of Rage · Villains|
|Ardon series game concepts|
|Experience · Shifter forms|