The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Time of WondersEdit
|Unknown BS:||Origin||Origin of the Ancients.|
Einar and The Wyrdes are born.
|Unknown BS:||Ancient-Creator conflict begins||The war between the Ancients and the Creators begins.||Ancient homeworld(s)|
The nebulous realm
|ca 10000 BS:||Birth of Enroth||The Elemental Lords create Enroth.||Elemental Planes|
|ca 350 BS:||Ancient-Kreegan war initiated||From the depths of the Void, the Kreegans launch their attack upon the Empire of the Ancients.||Ancient homeworld(s)|
|Unknown BS:||The Crossing||The planet of Enroth is colonised by the Ancients via VARN MCMIV.|
Continents Enroth, Jadame and Antagarich are settled.
|Enroth (Antagarich, Enroth)|
|Unknown BS:||Colonial Government, Lionheart reign||Rise of the Colonial Government and the Empire of Bracaduun.|
Rise and fall of the Lionheart dynasty in Antagarich.
|Enroth (Antagarich, Enroth)|
|Unknown BS:||Wars on Bracaduun||Jarg the Conqueror sunders the Empire of Bracaduun in Antagarich.|
Jarg dies. Bracaduun reasserts control over the continent.
|ca 100-0 BS:||Fall of Bracaduun||Births of Tarnum, Gavin Magnus and Rion Gryphonheart.|
Tarnum's rise. The Wastelanders emancipate Krewlod from Bracaduun and crush the Empire.
Gavin Magnus is slain at the siege of Steelhorn and discovers his immortality.
Magnus and Rion Gryphonheart found Bracada and Erathia respectively. Death and revival of Tarnum.
|ca 100-0 BS:||Conquest of the Underworld||Birth of Allison Gryphonheart.|
Death of Rion Gryphonheart. Tarnum, Allison Gryphonheart and Mensor invade The Underworld and rescue Rion's soul from Jorm and Duke Deezelisk.
|ca 1-0 BS:||Day of Fire||Mayor Alan of Aliant activates an Ancient weapon, destroying Vissias and much of southern Enroth to avenge his daughter's murder.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|0:||The Silence||Contact between the Ancients and the worlds of the Spinward Rim is utterly severed.||Ancient homeworld(s)|
Age of MonstersEdit
|0-100 AS:||Enrothian Revolution||The Colonial Government is brutally overthrown by Enrothian rebels.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|Unknown AS:||Formation of CRON||The Elemental Lords battle, creating what is to become a Central Research Observational Nacelle.||Elemental Planes|
|113 AS:||Fall of the Forges||The last of the Heavenly Forges ceases production. Ancient weapons sharply grow in rarity.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|ca 170s AS||Sword of Frost created||The Sword of Frost is forged and enshrined in Volee.||Enroth|
|Unknown AS:||Foundation of AvLee||A younger generation of Snow Elves led by Elvólas depart Vori against their elders' orders and settle in northern Antagarich, eventually founding the kingdom of AvLee.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|Unknown AS:||Foundation of Deyja||A Bracadan cult practicing Necromancy is deemed deeply blasphemous and exiled.|
The cult settles in southern AvLee, and evolves into the kingdom of Deyja.
|Unknown AS:||Jadame settled||The VARN-ferried races from Enroth and Antagarich settle Jadame.||Enroth (Jadame)|
|342 AS:||Rise of the Amberlian Empire||The Amberlian Empire rises to power in southern Jadame.||Enroth (Jadame)|
|ca 428 AS:||Discovery of Light and Dark magic||Terrax discovers Light and Dark magic and further develops the Elemental schools of magic.||Enroth (Jadame)|
|Unknown AS:||Revolt of the Beastmasters||Tarnum leads the Mudlanders in a revolt against Erathian slavemasters.|
The Mudlands are unified into the nation of Tatalia. Droglo becomes King.
Mad King Gryphonheart is slain. Niven Gryphonheart succeeds the throne.
|Unknown AS:||War of the Elements||The Elemental Lords launch an attack on Enroth.|
Tarnum leads a Bracadan expedition into the Elemental Planes, discovering the Plane of Magic.
Gavin Magnus, Tarnum and The First succeed in repelling the Confluxes.
|Unknown AS:||War of the Ancestors||The Ancestor Vorr is corrupted by worshippers in Krewlod, and allies with the conquerors of The Fiery Moon.|
The Followers of Vorr attack the World Tree. Targor is slain.
Xyron and Vorr are defeated upon the Fiery Moon. Vorr is cured of his madness.
|499 AS:||Construction of Celeste||Celeste, the Bracadan capitol, is constructed in the Bracada Highlands.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|500s AS:||Rise of the Regnan Empire||Regna Island is scourged of its native Trolls by the warlord Hareck the First.|
Hareck and his sea raiders establish the Empire of the Endless Ocean.
The Trolls find a new home in the Jadame Murmurwoods.
|550-800 AS:||Witches' Guild formed||The Witches' Guild rises to prominence.||Enroth (Antagarich, Enroth)|
|589 AS:||Birth of Thorn III||Birth of Thorn III, last of the Amberlian Emperors.||Enroth (Jadame)|
|590 AS:||Death of Hareck||Hareck the First is poisoned by his wife Charele and dies.||Enroth (Jadame)|
|621 AS:||Fall of the Amberlians||The Amberlian Empire crumbles. Thorn III constructs the Vault of Time.||Enroth (Jadame)|
|633 AS:||Death of Thorn III||Thorn III dies in unclear circumstances.||Enroth (Jadame)|
|646-789 AS:||Timber Wars||Erathian King David Gryphonheart IV expands beyond Phynaxia and into Elven forestlands, inciting anger from AvLee.|
A devastating war is declared which lasts for almost fifteen decades and results in the Contested Lands.
|689-692 AS:||Foundation of Harmondale||Erathians found Harmondale and construct Castle Harmondale.|
Harmondale falls to an Elven attack.
|744 AS:||Ruler's Ring created||Joshua Stom fashions the Ruler's Ring.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|ca. 780-800 AS:||End of the Age of Monsters||Mekorig the Blind forges innumerable artifacts of power to help end the Age of Monsters and promote the age of Man.||Enroth|
|790 AS:||Foundation of Phynaxia||The Empire of Phynax is founded.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
Age of ManEdit
|816-817 AS:||Skirmishes for Harmondale||Death of Danforth Octavio. Ty Vespin becomes King of Harmondale.|
Aaron Gryphonheart IV attacks Harmondale. Death of Ty Vespin.
Harmondale recaptured by AvLee.
|ca 850 AS:||Warlocks forge daggers||Mage Daggers are forged by the Alamos Warlocks.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|864 AS:||Fall of Phynaxia||An Elven offensive wipes the Phynaxian Empire from the face of Enroth.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|870-881 AS:||Taledon X reigns||Taledon X begins his reign over the Church of the Sun.|
Taledon is accidentally killed while crossing the street in Steadwick.
|ca 900s AS:||War of Dove and Crow||The Churches of the Sun and Moon wage war in Jadame.|
Derico renders the Church of the Sun victorious.
Camien Thryce leads an attack on Shadowspire and is slain.
|902 AS:||Battle of Shimengard||The battle of Shimengard takes place. Thor is lost.||Enroth|
|912-918 AS:||Archers' Guild falls||The Archers' Guildhall is suspiciously burned to the ground.|
Percival is sold to the Elves.
|ca 969 AS:||Battle for Morning||Humans and Elves launch a joint attack on the Assassins' Guild.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|1000s AS:||Zacharia's rise||Zacharia rises to power in Jadame.|
Gem and Sandro are born.
|Enroth (Enroth, Jadame)|
|Unknown AS:||Kalohn battles the Megadragon||Acwalander creates the Megadragon.|
Unaltered timeline: Kalohn and the Megadragon destroy one another, creating the Quagmire of Doom.
Altered timeline: Kalohn and the Cron Adventurers battle the Megadragon and prevail.
|1008-1009 AS:||Harmondale changes hands||Terrence Rockwin II seizes Harmondale.|
Harmondale is eventually recaptured by Erathia.
|1018 AS:||Igraine created||Lord Solomon Stone commissions the ring Igraine.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|1073-1083 AS:||The Holy War||Leopold VII declares war on the Church of the Moon.|
The Church of the Sun falls.
|ca 1075 AS:||Battle of Shadowspire||Shadowspire is again invaded by the Church of the Sun.|
Zacharia is eradicated.
|1110 AS:||Birth of Nicolas||Nicolas Gryphonheart is born.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|ca 1110s-1120s AS:||First War of Enrothian Succession||Morglin Ironfist arrives on Enroth.|
The Kingdom of Enroth is founded. Castle Ironfist is constructed.
Lord Alamar is defeated and Castle Alamar levelled.
|ca 1127-1129 AS:||Birth of the Heirs||Archibald and Roland Ironfist are born.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|1133 AS:||Birth of Catherine||Nicolas Gryphonheart and Gwenllian are married.|
June: Catherine Gryphonheart is born.
|1140s AS:||Birth of Gelu||Gelu is born.||Enroth|
|1141 AS:||Birth of Beatrice||Milton is born.|
June: Beatrice Gryphonheart is born.
|1145 AS:||Erathia-Tatalia treaty||Nicolas Gryphonheart signs a treaty with the Tatalian Leaders to cease hostilities.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|ca 1149 AS:||Birth of Dracon||Dracon is born.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|1150-1155 AS:||Catherine's Tour of Duty||Catherine Gryphonheart becomes a Talon Brigade captain.|
June: Connel Traxton is slain.
Morgan Kendal discovers and raises Gelu.
Kilgor is born.
|1151 AS:||Birth of Lysander||Lysander is born.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|1153 AS:||Gryphonhearts slain||Gwenllian and Beatrice Gryphonheart are slain by marauders.||Enroth (Antagarich)|
|1151-1154 AS:||Second War of Enrothian Succession||Morglin Ironfist dies. Archibald Ironfist becomes King of Enroth. Melian is damaged.|
Roland Ironfist, The Commander, Lord Haart, Erik von Stromgard, Anthony Stone and Albert Newton lead a rebellion.
Archibald is defeated. Tanir turns Archibald to stone. Roland assumes the throne.
|1154 AS:||Roland and Catherine marry||August 1: Roland Ironfist and Catherine Gryphonheart marry.||Enroth (Antagarich, Enroth)|
|1155 AS:||Birth of Nicolai||Gem arrives in Antagarich and begins defending the Contested Lands.|
ca August 1: Nicolai Ironfist is born.
|Enroth (Antagarich, Enroth)|
|ca 1155-1161 AS:||Sandro's arrival||Lord Haart, Crag Hack and Sandro arrive in Antagarich.|
Sandro tricks Crag Hack and Gem into obtaining unholy artifacts.
Lord Falorel is slain. Vayarad replaces Lord Falorel.
|1160s AS:||Mutare's reign||Mutare rises to power in Nighon.|
Mutare becomes Mutare Drake. Death of Ordwald.
|ca 1160 AS:||Campaign for the Elixir||Gelu, Tarnum and Dracon graduate from the Forest Guard.|
Gelu obtains the Elixir of Life. Sandro poisons Vayarad.
|ca 1160-1164 AS:||War of the Unholy Alliance||Duke Alarice and Lord Fayette are eradicated. Finneas Vilmar is crowned king of Deyja.|
Sandro invades Erathia. Caleb is slain. Yog, Gem, Crag Hack, Gelu and Nicolas Gryphonheart defeat Sandro.
The Angelic Alliance is scattered. Gelu becomes commander of the Forest Guard.
|1161 AS:||Death of Lord Kilburn||Lord Kilburn is slain by Werewolves at Blackshire.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|1162 AS:||Night of Shooting Stars||January: The Kreegans attack Enroth. Paradise Valley and Eeofol are conquered.|
Edenbrook and Kriegspire are seized by the Kreegans and the Cult of Baa established. Xarfax is captured.
August: Roland Ironfist and Tanir are captured at Kriegspire.
|1163 AS:||Kreegan offensive||The Kreegans attack the Contested Lands, Erathia and AvLee.|
The Dungeon Overlords defeat and subdue the Kreegan attackers.
|ca 1163-1164 AS:||Clash of the Dragons||Spring: The Good Dragons depart AvLee. Mutare Drake invades eastern and northeastern Antagarich.|
Tarnum, Eldrich Parson and Nicolas Gryphonheart defend AvLee. Deaths of Aspen and Kurbon.
|1164 AS:||Death of Nicolas||Sandro forges an alliance between Nighon, Vilmar and Xenofex. Stone City is invaded.|
September 27: Lord Haart poisons Nicolas Gryphonheart.
|1164-1165 AS:||Restoration Wars begin||ca 11 January: Catherine sails to Antagarich. Wilbur Humphrey is given regency of Enroth.|
Sir Christian rescued. Catherine and The Commander land at Rionpoint.
Nighon captures Steadwick. Tatalia attacks Krewlod. Catherine and Gavin Magnus liberate Steadwick.
Nicolas Gryphonheart is reanimated. Finneas Vilmar is eradicated.
|1165 AS:||Destruction of the Hive||Four adventurers embark on a quest to revive Melian and purge the Kreegans.|
June 11: Archibald Ironfist's curse is lifted.
Agar, Corlagon and Ethric the Mad are eradicated. Slicker Silvertongue and The Queen are slain.
The Kreegan Hive-Ship is sealed via the Ritual of the Void and destroyed.
|ca 1166 AS:||Terrans arrive||The Ultimate Adventurers of Terra arrive in the Lincoln.|
The Lincoln is hidden and secured in the shoals at Brighton Point.
Terra - ca 500
|1167 AS:||Archibald sails to Antagarich||ca 23 October: Archibald Ironfist sails to Antagarich.|
Archibald, with Faruk Welnin and Ryland, incites a war for independence in the Contested Lands.
|1168 AS:||Restoration Wars end||ca 5 August: Lord Haart is slain. Nicolas Gryphonheart is eradicated. Archibald becomes king of Deyja.||Enroth (Enroth)|
|1169 AS:||Occult War||Four adventurers become the Lords of Harmondale. Judge Gray is killed.|
Archibald is deposed by Kastore. Roland Ironfist is rescued from Colony Zod. Xenofex is slain.
Gavin Magnus, Resurrectra and their allies successfully revive The Gate.
|ca 1170 AS:||Reanimation of Lord Haart||Lord Haart is reanimated by the surviving members of his necromantic cult.|
Shadowspire replaces Moulder as the Necromantic Order's headquarters.
Sandro and Thant succeed Archibald as the Order's guildmasters.
|1171 AS:||Demon Wars||Erathia invades Kreegan Eeofol. Khazandar forges Armageddon's Blade. Death of Khazandar.|
Lord Haart invades Tatalia but is eradicated by Adrienne. Kilgor slays Duke Boragus and becomes king of Krewlod.
Lucifer Kreegan is slain by Gelu. The Kreegans flee Enroth. Catherine abdicates.
|1172 AS:||Night of the Crystal||Escaton attempts to destroy Enroth. Balthazar Lair is flooded. Rust is immolated.|
Regna attacks Dagger Wound. A band of adventurers release the captive Elemental Lords.
Destruction of Escaton. The Ironfists return to Enroth.
Plane Between Planes
|ca 1172-1174 AS:||Race for the Sword of Frost||Mutual rivals Gelu, Kija and Tarnum dramatically invade Vori, seeking to claim the Sword of Frost in Vori.|
Kija succeeds in obtaining the Sword, and returns it to her husband Kilgor in Krewlod.
|1175 AS:||Reckoning||AvLee and Krewlod wage war. Eldrich Parson is slain in battle against Kilgor.|
Gelu and Kilgor meet in battle, clashing Armageddon's Blade and the Sword of Frost.
Enroth is ravaged by destructive energies, killing thousands and leading refugees to escape through portals to Axeoth.
|1175-1178 AS:||New kingdoms rise||Foundation of Palaedra, Aranorn and New Bracada. Construction of Paledon.||Axeoth (Iranese) - ca 521-524 AC|
|ca 1175-1180 AS:||Unification of the Tribes||Waerjak reunifies the Barbarians. Tarnum is slain by Vogel Backbreaker.|
Deaths of Hundric and Wulgar. Waerjak slays Vogel. Tarnum returns to Axeoth.
|Axeoth (Iranese) - ca 521-526 AC|
|ca 1176-1180 AS:||Formation of the Pirate Kingdom||Black Balfour dies. Tawni Balfour conquers Frigiston and Yaranthrae.|
Tawni slays Swift. Rumport is constructed. Pete Girly is slain.
Tawni slays the Mer-Queen and claims the Gold Sea.
|Axeoth (Iranese) - ca 522-526 AC|
|1179 AS:||Palaedran Civil War||Sir Worton incites civil war in Palaedra. Lysander visits the Oracle of the Dawn.|
Desette and Sir Kentaine are freed. Worton is crowned king of Palaedra.
Lysander defeats Worton and discovers his Gryphonheart lineage.
|Axeoth (Iranese) - 525 AC|
|ca 1180s AS:||Aranorn Civil War||Pirates raid an Aranorn armada. Elwin and Shaera travel to Dolphin Jump.|
Worllarc is eradicated. Lord Harke bewitches and marries Shaera. Elwin besieges Harke Manor.
Elwin is crowned king of Aranorn. Harke is defeated and imprisoned.
|Axeoth (Iranese) - 526-536 AC|
|ca 1180s AS:||Rise of Great Arcan||Emilia Nighthaven and Tharj Orcsplitter found Great Arcan. Arcania is constructed.|
New Bracada attacks Great Arcan. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad eradicates Old King Dreggar for the Rainbow Crystal.
Solmyr joins Great Arcan. Death of Tharj. Magnus captures Arcania.
The Rainbow Crystal is shattered and Magnus' mind is destroyed.
|Axeoth (Iranese) - 526-536 AC|
|ca 1180s AS:||Rise of Nekross||Gauldoth Half-Dead ransacks Vitross and founds Nekross. Sir Mardor is slain.|
Kalibarr is rescued. The Kreegans emerge on Axeoth. The Points of Power are activated.
Malvich is eradicated. Gauldoth and Suraze eradicate Kalibarr.
|Axeoth (Iranese) - 526-536 AC|
|1190s-1200s AS:||Attack on Soronne||Soronne is attacked by Sendark's armada via the Sea of Mist. The Magistracy of Soronne is devastated.|
Fahd Mandel and Lenik seize control of the Isle of the Dead.
Praz-El and his allies defeat Mandel and Lenik. Praz-El travels to Murlank.
Axeoth (Tamarck) - 536-546 AC
|ca 1200s AS:||Daglathor's Revival||Zash Mitra accuses and imprisons Alleron on charges of practicing the necromantic arts.|
Alleron escapes the Pit of the Accursed and learns of his Ancient heritage.
Daria resurrects the Kreegan, Daglathor, who is slain by Alleron.
|ca 1200s AS:||The Paradox||Zash Mitra attacks Bilandria. Alleron slays Zash Mitra.|
Daria obtains the Paradox Harp and warps Bilandria through the Paradox.
Alleron slays Daria and proceeds to rebuild the kingdom.
|Unknown AS:||Slayers attack Aragoth||The Red Dragon Aragoth is challenged by a band of mortals serving the Dragon Pharaoh.||XEEN - Unknown|
|Unknown AS:||Blood Feud||Two brothers descended from the Ironfist dynasty wage war over Castle Kanan. The victor is ambiguous.||Presumably Axeoth - Unknown AC|
|Unknown AS:||War on the Unseen Wall||Diligence and her party travel northwards to the Unseen Wall. Jassad Attqua is saved by Hitch.|
The Unseen Wall is attacked by Dubiel's armies. Hitch and Jatt arrive upon another world.
Dubiel is permanently destroyed. Hitch and Diligence depart in search of Pomponderant.
|Geary Gravel's world - Unknown AC|
- ↑ Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra. New World Computing. Quote: "The Ancients draw their power from the heat and light of stars to create intricated mechanisms of society, then send these civilizations to cultivate developing worlds. The Creators exist in a nebulous realm where they construct their plots and create vile chaotic armies to disrupt the cilizations of the Ancients. Because of interference created by the renegade Guardian, Sheltem, the CRON and most of the VARNs carried by this vessel were lost in the Great Sea of Terra. This mission has been code named The Great Experiment. It extends further away from the seat of Ancients than any other colonization. It is under much greater threat from the Creators. Spanning the farthest reaches of the universe, two super-developed societies, the Ancients and the Creators, are engaged in a galactic race for power." (in English). 1991.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Masters of the Elements. New World Computing. Mission: The Trouble with Magic (scenario, in English). Quote: "As they magically transported me to a distant Tower, they explained that when the world was created, the gods forced the Elemental Lords into a 10,000-year truce. Ten thousand years have passed and the violent, selfish Elemental Lords plan to separate all the elements, thus destroying the entire world!" 2000.
- ↑ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. New World Computing. Quote: "The Kreegan first appeared roughly 1500 years ago, attacking outlying colonies and stealing their resources. It was thought at the time they simply needed certain minerals, and could be reasoned with, but this was not the case. Their life cycle forces them to breed until the world cannot support their numbers, then they send ships off to other worlds to renew the cycle. Their attacks against the empire of the Ancients disrupted the network of shipping and communications that held us all together, causing the Silence that marks the first year of our modern calendar. Without support from the homeworlds, our fledgling technology failed, bringing us to this sorry state." (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. New World Computing. Quote: "These helms are extremely rare and no one knows where they originate, but they almost certainly come from the Time of Wonders. An extremely fine inscription inside the helm says 'Property of Ship's Store, VARN MCMIV'." (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. New World Computing. Quote: "Ancient legends say that all the greatest artifacts from before the Silence came with the ship our distant ancestors used to get here from their homeland. They say the voyage was so long that three generations of people were born, lived, and died while aboard the ship! How's that for a whopper of a tale?!" (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. New World Computing. Quote: "The legend of the Crossing is more than a thousand years old, but that doesn't stop people from repeating it from time to time. The legend says that we all, and that even includes the elves, the dwarfs, and the goblins, came from the same place on a great ship that carried us across the void between the stars." (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Quote: "Long before the Gryphonheart line came to rule Antagarich, the brave but expansionistic Lionheart line ruled. Although no knows who forged this shield, it is a sure bet that it belonged to one of Lionheart blood." (in English - internal-only text from artifacts.txt). 2002.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Warlords of the Wasteland. New World Computing. Mission: A Barbarian King (scenario, in English). "Your people weren't always the slaves of the Empire of Bracaduun. Long ago, one of the ancestors of your own clan, a great warrior named Jarg, formed a massive Horde and conquered all the lands from ocean to ocean - including Bracaduun." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Warlords of the Wasteland. New World Computing. Mission: A Barbarian King (scenario, in English). "Jarg was the last. He ruled well into his old age, but when he died his kingdom crumbled. His sons fought each other for control and ended up too weak to stand up to the Wizards who formed Bracaduun." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III lore Quote: The History of Erathia is long indeed, and like the Ironfists of Enroth, the Gryphonhearts have been the ruling family since before the Silence.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Mission: One Tribe (scenario, in English). "After more than a thousand years of life, why would Tarnum refuse that which he had been fighting for?" 2002.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Masters of the Elements. New World Computing. Mission: Masters of the Elements (scenario, in English). "I first found out I was immortal when one of your Behemoths killed me. Imagine my surprise when I came back to life. I have spent much of my time ever since researching magic and the world around me - which is why I came here to learn about the Elemental Planes." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Masters of the Elements. New World Computing. Mission: Masters of the Elements (scenario, in English). ""Well, yes, I saw your rise as well as your death. Since then, I have heard stories about you but nothing very substantial. I knew some day our paths would cross again, especially when I became King of Bracada." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Warlords of the Wasteland. New World Computing. Mission: Steelhorn (scenario, in English). "With the defeat of Castle Steelhorn, Tarnum shattered the power of the Wizard-Kings, but his tyrannical rule was short. Out of the ruins of the Empire of Bracaduun climbed the upstart nation of Erathia, and one day its king would defeat Tarnum, sending him before the Ancestors to be judged. But that is another story." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld. New World Computing. Mission: Cerberus Gate (scenario, in English). "After he slaughtered me, he was able to have a family and lead his kingdom into greatness. Gryphonheart was responsible for the destruction of my empire - a Barbarian Empire - and for scattering my people back into the inhospitable western lands." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld. New World Computing. Mission: Truth Within Nightmares (scenario, in English). "I am being shown something else, something that can't be my memory or a nightmare, but I know in my bones that it is real. My sister and the man who rescued her sit beneath a tree together. This is much later, and my sister's belly is plump with child - his child. She's happy. Then the man finally turns in my direction and I can see his face. // It's Rion Gryphonheart!" 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld (manual, in English). New World Computing. "When I heard your request for a Knight to lead your troops into the Underworld, I assumed all of Erathia would have jumped for the opportunity to rescue the soul of the late King Gryphonheart, your father." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld. New World Computing. Mission: Never Deal with a Demon (scenario, in English). ""On the crisp winter morning when Tarnum was to be named the Queen's Protector, Allison searched the Castle for the man who had saved her father's soul. He was missing and resting on his bed was his freshly polished armor. The Knight who conquered the Underworld was never seen again." 2000.
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Might and Magic VII lore ("The Silence")
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: The Sword of Frost. New World Computing. Mission: The Barbarian's Wife (scenario, in English). "Volee was the first city of the Vori Elves, but it disappeared more than a thousand years ago shortly after the Sword of Frost was created." 2001.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII lore ("History of the Elves: the 'Pure Bloods' and the 'Renegades'")
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Heroes of Might and Magic III lore ("Necromancy Origin")
- ↑ Might and Magic VIII lore ("Female Dark Elf")
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "The city of Celeste has been home to the Light for centuries. It was established by King Magnus II in 499 as the centerpiece to the Kingdom of Bracada, and as a beacon of hope to the rest of the world." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "Built at the behest of Hareck I during the formation of the Regnan ""Empire"", Charele was named after his wife, Queen Charele. It was left in Regna's only Erathian outpost during the chaos following Hareck's poisoning death in 590 A.S." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Heroes of Might and Magic III lore ("Timber Wars")
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "Castle Harmondale was completed in 689 as the first line of defense against Elvish forces led by King Lothoe IV during the Timber Wars. In a sign of things to come, it fell to an Elvish assault just three years later at the infamous Battle for Harmondale. Since then, the castle has changed hands 13 times in bloody conflicts with hundreds of deaths." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "The Ruler's Ring was made in 744 A.S. by Joshua Stom, chief alchemist for the Warlocks of Nighon." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "These shields were forged by the Phynaxian empire during its brief rise to power on the steppes of southern Erathia (790-864). They are made of stalt, a metal that takes well to enchantment, and contributed heavily to Phynaxian military might. Unfortunately, very little of the metal could be mined, and Phynaxia fell in 864 A.S. to an Elvish offensive." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "Owned by Taledon, Divine High Priest and High Holy Conduit of the Church of the Sun from 870 A.S., this powerful helm probably contributed to his untimely death in 881. It is said that an object may take so much enchantment--try to put too much in, and something negative squeezes out. In this case, the negative made the wearer profoundly unlucky. Taledon, arguably the most powerful figure of his time, veteran diplomat, soldier, and priest, was crushed beneath the wheels of a runaway peasant's wagon while crossing the street in Steadwick." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "Secretly passed from one Assassin to another for centuries, Old Nick happily vanished from history's sight during the Battle for Morning--a joint Human-Elvish attack on the Assassin's guild nearly 200 years ago." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Quote: "Even though Gem was at the center of over eighty years of wars and conflicts, she remained young and beautiful thanks to the waters of a special fountain." (in English). 2002.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "Ghoulsbane was commissioned by the Church of the Sun more than 150 years ago as part of their effort to destroy the ever growing population of undead created by the Church of the Moon. Though powerful, it is only one weapon, and the undead are legion. The Church of the Sun fell in 1083 A.S." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III lore ("Rumors from the Court")
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 35.2 Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars Quote: Having crushed his enemies, consolidated his power base and eliminated dissent at the end of Heroes of Might and Magic, Lord Ironfist settled down to rule the land of Enroth. After 25 years of peace, the land is again thrust into turmoil. Lord Ironfist is dead and the ensuing struggle for power between his sons, Archibald and Roland, has led to a state of civil war.
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3 36.4 36.5 36.6 36.7 36.8 Heroes of Might and Magic III lore ("Queen Catherine")
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade lore ("Gelu")
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Mission: The Trials (scenario, in English). "True, most men my age were married with several children. Perhaps even a couple children approaching adulthood. I was only a couple years from my fortieth birthday." 2002.
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade lore ("Dracon")
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade. New World Computing. Mission: Shadows of the Forest (scenario, in English). "Gelu was a foundling child discovered by a member of the Talon Brigade under Captain Catherine Gryphonheart. That member is now a General in Erathia's army." 1999.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Mission: The Trials (scenario, in English). "But then I thought of Lord Lysander. He was twenty-eight and seemed to have no interest in marriage or children." 2002.
- ↑ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. New World Computing. Quote: "I am Melian, Guardian of Enroth. Thank you for replacing my memory modules. Archibald took them from here when I refused to give him any help in his battle for succession. Your timing is impeccable. The Kreegan have invaded our world, and you must try and stop them. Unfortunately, Archibald’s attempts at extracting information from me have damaged me enough that I cannot help you directly now. Instead, I can only give you advice." (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars. New World Computing. Mission: Corlagon's Defense (scenario, in English). "I can only hope that the forces you have gathered, magical or otherwise, are sufficient to the task. Lord Haart will assist you in your endeavor." 1996.
- ↑ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. New World Computing. Quote: "Both Lord Stromgard and Lord Stone were key supporters of King Roland during the Succession Wars. They owe their current positions to that support, and I think they have been amongst the most conscientious of the Lords of the Realm." (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven. New World Computing. Quote: "Albert Newton was promoted to his current position because of his strong support for Roland during the Succession War, even though Archibald offered him much sorcerous knowledge. Lord Newton must surely be a good man to have refused to support the wicked Archibald, even though it looked like Archibald was going to win." (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Shadow of Death. New World Computing. Mission: Clearing the Border (scenario, in English). "It is hard to believe a year has passed since Archibald and his Necromancer allies were defeated, ending the Succession Wars." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Shadow of Death. New World Computing. Mission: Graduation Exercise (scenario, in English). " You have done well in your training, Gelu, but now has come the time to take the final test." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes Chronicles: Clash of the Dragons. New World Computing. Mission: The Dragontalker (scenario, in English). "While in the service of AvLee, I fought in the Forest Guard beside a young Vori Elf named Gelu. He invented an interesting bow, used only by the most experienced archers. These elite troops were called Sharpshooters." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Shadow of Death. New World Computing. Mission: A Thief in the Night (scenario, in English). "I have completed construction of the Elixir of Life and saved AvLee from the threat of the Necromancers of Deyja, earning myself an honorable position within the Forest Guard. I look forward to my service faithfully protecting this beautiful land I love so much." 2000.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Shadow of Death. New World Computing. Mission: Wrath of Sandro (scenario, in English). "This Ranger is part of an Erathian special forces unit operating in AvLee. He investigated the death of Lord Falorel, the vampire who had successfully impersonated an AvLee lord... until you poisoned Falorel for becoming too powerful." 2000.
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 Heroes of Might and Magic III lore ("Kreegan Reference")
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 52.2 52.3 52.4 Might and Magic VII lore ("The Diaries of Archibald'")
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "We arrived here a few years ago, weary of our search for the Ancients and two of their agents called Sheltem and Corak." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "We made landfall on the western shore of Northern Avlee. Walk into the sea from the farthest point west on the beach, and look around underwater. The ship is unmistakable." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: Factionism and discord have created an intolerable situation in Deyja, so bad that one side had to leave. Archibald's ""science"" necromancers attacked Clanker's laboratory not for the alchemical treasures, but for the living space. We have traded one strong enemy for two weaker ones." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor. New World Computing. Quote: "Good King Roland Ironfist, brother to Archibald Ironfist, has been rescued from the clutches of the Devils after many long years! To think of what he went through as a prisoner of those monsters for such a long time is beyond imagining. Everyone had given up hope that he was still alive. The find was almost accidental. My lords had been sent on a mission to destroy the nest in the name of humanity. Archibald Ironfist, deposed lord of Deyja and one of the most hated men in history, offered aid for reasons of his own. During the mission, my lords found King Roland in an iron cage deep within the nest and released him." (in English). 1999.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade. New World Computing. Mission: A Blade in the Back (scenario, in English). ""Though times for them may look grim, never count one out, for they enjoy cheating. There is always some trick up their sleeve. Trust them not even if they should choose to surrender. Good fortune on your quest." -- Judge Fairweather, Arbiter and Sage" 1999.
- ↑ Might and Magic VIII lore ("Skeleton")
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.