- For other uses, see tactics.
Tactics is a secondary skill in Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Enables you to arrange the hero’s troops on the battlefield prior to the start of combat.
Tactics allows the hero to move their creatures around on the battlefield before combat.
- Basic Tactics lets them move creatures within the first two columns.
- Advanced Tactics lets them move creatures within the first four columns.
- Expert Tactics lets them move creatures within the first six columns.
Tactics skill can be learned at certain rates by the following classes:
- 10: Overlord
- 8: Barbarian and Planeswalker
- 7: Knight
- 6: Beastmaster and Demoniac
- 5: Battle Mage, Death Knight and Ranger
- 4: Alchemist and Heretic
- 2: Cleric and Necromancer
- 1: Druid, Elementalist , Warlock, Witch and Wizard
- If an opposing hero has a lower Tactics skill, the hero's skill is lowered by the number of points in the opposing hero's skill - a hero with expert Tactics facing a hero with basic Tactics will only be able to move his forces as if he had advanced Tactics.
- If the opposing hero has a higher skill, or they are at the same skill level, the hero won't be able to rearrange their forces at all.