Daughter of the Griffin duke, whose father had been hoping for a son, Sveltana initially, bore the weight of being an only child – and the wrong one. At the age of fifteen her brother Pavel was born, and she was quickly ignored as he was named heir. Perfectly content with the turn of events, she left to study the nature of Spirit World first with the Angels and then with the Wizards of the Seven Cities. Once there, she excelled in her research and soon came under the tutelage of the Necromancer Aguirre. Already distant from her family, Sveltana decided to join the fledgling cult of the Spider Goddess, and she became Aguirre's assistant and right hand. She traveled with her master to the Naga islands of the Jade Sea in order to free the Mother Namtaru, a powerful aspect of the Spider Goddess. Aguirre was killed on the expedition and Sveltana brought the entity back to the Seven Cities alone, thus becoming a living legend among her fellow Necromancers. She did not have much time to enjoy her new status, however, as soon after her triumphant return she had to run back home to help Pavel repel a demon outburst. Sadly, she was too late to save her brother. Instead, Sveltana became regent of the Griffin Duchy, until the coming of age of her nephew Slava, Pavel’s only son.
Sveltana is the oldest surviving member of the Griffin family (albeit by tricking death). At the time of the first tutorial campaign mission, she is already around 60 years old. By the time she helps Anastasya, her age is close to 90.
Once she was confident Slava was able to rule on his own, Sveltana settled once and for all in the Seven Cities, seeking the peace of study and contemplation. Fate brought her back to the Falcon Empire to revive Anastasya, her favourite grand-niece, which in many ways became the daughter Sveltana never had. Chosen to be the Hierophant of the Mother Namtaru, Sveltana eventually passed the position to Anastasya and retired to parts unknown, only returning in times of crisis, such as when the Nethermancer, Sandro, tried to wipe the Mother Namtaru from existence with the powers of the Void.
Longing to discover the hidden secrets of the world, Sveltana eventually mounted an expedition to explore the lands of the Shrouded South. She was not heard of since, but Anastasya is sure that she is still "alive", wherever she is.
Sveltana is an Embalmer.
- Griffin Bane: Sveltana sends Slava to investigate the demons, as well as to communicate with the orcs.
- The Emperor's Will: She sends Ishtvan back to his grave.
- In the Wake of Adversity: Sveltana raised Anastasya, and the two need find who possessed her and forcing her to kill Slava.
- Towards the Within: She is sent, along with Miranda, to negotiate with Mother Namtaru.
- Circumradiant Dawn: Miranda imprisoned Sveltana, so Anastasya needs to get her out.
- The Spider's Stratagem: Sveltana explains that the demons invade Ashan oce more.
- A Battle Lost and Won: Sveltana appears before Anton. Anton tells her the statement from Michael, to which she explains that she needs to aim for higher goals to achieve things.
- Fearful Symmetry: When Kiril defeats Mother Namtaru, Sveltana appears before him, demanding explanations.
- In the Forests of the Night: Sveltana, when Kiril arrives to her, has learned that the Invisible Library is in Holy Falcon Empire, but also if Kiril were to destroy it, the faceless would rampage the world.
- Tears Such As Angels Weep / Dark With Excessive Bright: At the end of the campaign, Sveltana (along with Bluebeak) says her last words on Cate's funeral.
Necropolis Campaign 2Edit
|This section is incomplete and requires more information. Please help and contribute your knowledge by editing or expanding it.|
Duel of ChampionsEdit
- Main article: Sveltana, Hierophant of the Spider Queen
Svetlana appears as a hero card. She is the leader of the Necropolis faction.
- In the Russian version of the game, where all Russian names are kept intact (except for Sandor, which is a derivative of Alexander, but kept the same), Sveltana was renamed into Svetlana, to coincide with the real existing female Russian name.