- For other uses, see necromancy.
Necromancy is a secondary skill in Heroes of Might and Magic III.
When the hero wins in battle, a portion of the opposition killed is resurrected as skeletons and added to the hero’s army.
Necromancy is related to Necropolis armies, providing them with reinforcements after every battle.
- Basic Necromancy resurrects 10% of enemy creatures killed.
- Advanced Necromancy resurrects 20% of enemy creatures killed.
- Expert Necromancy resurrects 30% of enemy creatures killed.
This skill can be learned at certain rates by the following classes:
- 10: Death Knight and Necromancer
- 0: Alchemist, Barbarian, Battle Mage, Beastmaster, Cleric, Demoniac, Druid, Elementalist , Heretic, Knight, Overlord, Planeswalker , Ranger, Warlock, Witch and Wizard
- Isra and Vidomina are specialists in the Necromancy skill.
- Amulet of the Undertaker gives 5% bonus to the Necromancy skill.
- Vampire's Cowl gives 10% bonus to the Necromancy skill.
- Dead Man's Boots gives 15% bonus to the Necromancy skill.
- Cloak of the Undead King gives 30% to the Necromancy skill. It is a combination artifact, requiring Amulet of the Undertaker, Vampire's Cowl and Dead Man's Boots.
- Necromancy amplifier at the Necropolis town gives 10% to the Necromancy skill to all heroes.
- Soul prison at the Necropolis town gives 20% to the Necromancy skill to all heroes.
- While Necromancy usually gives skeletons, heroes that have the Cloak of the Undead King can raise other types of undead. Basic Necromancy gives zombies, advanced Necromancy gives wights, and expert Necromancy gives liches.
- If all of hero's army slots are occupied, and has skeleton warriors in the army, but not regular skeletons, the raised creatures will be skeleton warriors by default. Similar thing is applied with Cloak of the Undead King, where raised creatures can be wraiths and power liches.