- For other characters of the same name, see Michael.
Michael is a character in Might & Magic: Heroes VI.
Born to an Angel family of healers, Michael’s destiny took flight in the opposite direction. While still a youth the charismatic leader was recognized as a military genius, and in his first military campaign as commander he saved Ashan from demonic conquest by defeating the notorious Azkaal, Demon Prince of Destruction. When the smouldering conflict between the Angels and the Faceless broke into open war, Michael was appointed to lead the children of Light into battle against the children of Darkness.
The Cataclysmic decades that followed were known as the Elder Wars, and stories of Michael’s victories have been eagerly recounted ever since... but always ending with the Archangel’s tragic death.
His sudden and unexplained return to Ashan has been qualified as a miracle by the Holy Emperor Liam Falcon and Michael immediately became his personal military adviser.
Michael was one of the most powerful Arch-angels that ever existed. He was defeated and killed by Erebos, a Faceless Master of Assassins (who was later jailed by other Faceless for war crimes) during the Elder Wars. His brother Uriel helped him to be reborn as a Celestial by sacrificing Pavel Griffin's soul. Depending on the player's actions, He may have been slain during the Second Eclipse by Cate the dragon knight and her children.
Michael is one of the boss characters.
It is necessary to create a big army in order for the boss to be defeated under some turns, and cannot take advantage of his abilities then.The minions double the boss' Health though, but only some will endure longer with a turn if the army is rather big.
- Improved Word of Light
Heals all minions for 100% of their initial Health and all enemy stacks are dealt damage (Light) worth of 5% of their initial Health. Cooldown: 3 turn(s).
- Zone of Holy Blades
Friendly stacks in the target 3x3 area deal extra 50% damage (Light) for 2 turns. Cooldown: 2 turn(s).
- Last Wish
Creates rays of light from the corpse of a friendly creature. The rays radiate in eight directions from the center and deals 12500 damage (Light) to all stacks affected by them. Cooldown: 2 turn(s).
- Avenging Rage
If Michael cannot use Last Wish on the corpse of a minion then he will enrage and acts one additional time each turn for the rest of the combat. Cannot be dispelled. Cooldown: 1 turn.
- Absolute Purity
Michael is immune to negative effects.
Creatures can be healed and resurrected. Susceptible to morale.
Movement and Initiative of Boss creatures cannot be reduced. Also grants immunity of Blind effects, Mind Influence and effects causing loss of action.
|Michael's Guard (Light Elemental)|
- Something is Rotten: Michael is one of the characters who attend Slava's funeral.
- Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair: Michael aids Anton to crush the rebellion.
- Tempt Not a Desperate Man: Michael orders Anton into retaking the lands of Wolf Duchy from Naga troops.
- A Battle Lost and Won: Michael supports Anton into repelling Demons from Falcon's Reach.
- Death-in-Life and Life-in-Death: Michael warns Irina of crimes against Holy Falcon Empire she commited.
- The Spider's Stratagem: In flashbacks, Anastasya sees that Michael was fighting in Elder Wars (along with Uriel) and that Michael had a talk with Uriel about controlling Anastasya's mind.
- Tears Such As Angels Weep: Michael appears before the hero, defending the souls in Hall of Memories with his own life.
- Dark With Excessive Bright: Michael orders the hero to defeat the Faceless.
- For the Audience
Kill Michael with at least 1 minion still alive.
- Monster Hunter
Defeat all boss creatures.
Michael is one of the archangels portrayed in christianity.