- For the magical school in other games, see Dark Magic.
- For the list of Dark Magic spells, see Dark Magic spells (H7).
Dark Magic is a skill in Might & Magic: Heroes VII.
The Dark Magic skill is available to:
- Ebon Knight, Dark Prophet, Necromancer and Shade Weaver, Sorcerer at Grandmaster level;
- Archon, Bone Guard, Darkblade, Death Knight, Embalmer, Shadow Slayer and Trickster at Master level;
- Battlemage, Blademage, Djinn Lord and Wizard at Expert level.
- At Novice level, Dark Magic grants the hero the following effect:
- Makes Dark spells more effective and increases the hero's Arcane Knowledge by 1.
- At Expert level, Dark Magic grants the hero the following effect:
- Makes Dark spells more effective and increases the hero's Arcane Knowledge by additional 2.
- At Master level, Dark Magic grants the hero the following effect:
- Makes Dark spells more effective and increases the hero's Arcane Knowledge by additional 3.
|Soul harvest||Novice||Whenever the hero attack kills at least one creature the hero gains 20 Mana.|
|Master of Darkness I||Novice||Despair and Weakness are now cast on creatures in target 4x4 area.|
|Dark scholar||Novice||Reduces mana cost of Dark spells by 20%.|
|Dark wisdom||Expert||+4 Magic for Dark spells. Every other wisdom ability adds +4 Magic to this bonus.|
|Master of Darkness II||Expert||Purge additionally makes the target creature immune to positive spells and magic effects for 3 turns. Enemy creatures attacked with Face of Fear additionally cannot retaliate for 3 turns.|
|Master of Darkness III||Master||Agony is now cast on creatures in target 4x4 area. The first attack on a Shadow Image will miss and not destroy it. This effect lasts for 3 turns.|
|Shadow of Dread||Grandmaster||Whenever the hero casts a Dark spell on enemy creatures its number decreases by 5% (rounded down). Creatures lost this way will return to their army if it doesn't get defeated.|