Azkaal is a character featured in Might & Magic: Heroes VI.
Azkaal was once the Prince of Destruction, Champion of the Overlord Ur-Khrag, and one of the most powerful Demons to stalk Ashan.
During the Ancient age he led a might horde from the depths of Sheogh, slaughtering Angels in their thousands, and striking down over half of their flying cities.
However, for the past eight centuries he has lain trapped like a fly in amber, the great Archangels Sarah and Michael ensnaring his soul in an impregnable artifact when he was on the verge of total victory.
Naturally, he isn’t happy about this. Worse, despite being recently awoken, his newfound freedom is of an empty variety, his spirit now seemingly imprisoned in the mind of a pathetic human. Smouldering with rage, Azkaal will never rest until his enemies have been slain and Ashan lies in ruins.
Azkaal was the great, powerful general of Sheogh until Michael defeated him and trapped his soul. He was taken by Sarah and Kiril when they went to Sheogh. Sarah then implanted Azkaal's soul into Kiril's body.
Despite his failed attempt to take control over Kiril's body, Azkaal tried to teach Kiril ways of Destruction. During Kiril's search for Sarah, Azkaal offers information about Kiril's enemies.
Azkaal is a boss character, the player control him.
The player uses the "Mark of Consumption" ability first, then afterwards the "Boundless Hate" ability that he should be allowed to cause rather big losses. It may turn up with stronger stacks with the help of the "Ill Blood" ability to decimate others. Worthy to occupy a position in such a way that they should not can to surround.
A Dream Which Was Not All A Dream Edit
Although there is a limited army, serious losses will not be so.
- Arachne in Level 4; Vampiric Embrace; Regeneration, Mass (to heals creatures)
- Evasive Maneuvers; Stand Your Ground, Mass; Stone Skin, Mass (to reduces damage)
- Weakness, Mass (reduce the boss' and his minions' damage by half)
- Reinforcements (increase number of target stack)
- Ill Blood
Target enemy instantly attacks an adjacent creature with 5% increased damage. Also consumes the target's action for the current turn. Cooldown: 2 turn(s).
- Mark of Consumption
Increases damage (Fire) dealt to target enemy by 100% until the end of the combat. Cooldown: 2 turn(s).
- Boundless Hate
This fire based magic damages all enemy units. Cooldown: 3 turn(s).
Creatures can be healed and resurrected. Susceptible to morale.
- Fireproof Skin
Having adapted to the volcanic environment of their prison-world Sheogh, demons are 20% more resistant to Fire damage.
- Vulnerability to Light
Light spells which damage the living are empowered against undead and demons by 20%. Light spells which heal the living damage undead and demons.
- Hateful Retaliation
When retaliating, Azkaal deals 1200-2400 damage (Fire) to all creatures that have previously attacked him.
- Drain Luck
Azkaal's attacks drain 10 Luck from the target and transfers to his own. Each target can only be drained once. Lasts until the end of the combat. Cannot be dispelled.
Movement and Initiative of Boss creatures cannot be reduced. Also grants immunity of Blind effects, Mind Influence and effects causing loss of action.
- Angel, Angel, Burning Bright: Azkaal is fused with Kiril's body. For a while, he manages to free himself, but Kiril takes him back to his body.
- Fearful Symmetry: Azkaal becomes more angered for what cause Kiril is attacking the Necromancers.
- In the Forests of the Night: Azkaal is impressed by Kiril's power to attract Pit Fiends, as well as the presence of Cyclopses.
- The Marriage of Heaven and Hell: Azkaal is finally freed from Kiril's body.
Second Necropolis CampaignEdit
- A Dream Which Was Not All A Dream: Defeat the general of Chaos, Azkaal that let the Light triumph over the demons.
- The Pusher
Confuse Xana's army into destroying one of their own stacks when playing Azkaal.
Use "Ill Blood" ability on a strong creature stack against a weak, non-gated stack.
Azkaal appears only in Might & Magic: Heroes VI.