- For other uses, see avenger.
Avenger is the the class-specific skill for the ranger of the Sylvan faction in Heroes of Might and Magic V. It gives the hero's creatures a 40% chance to inflict a critical hit upon a favored enemy, giving double damage to it, whenever that creature is attacked. The ranger must choose their favored enemies from the Avenger's Guild in a Sylvan town, and they must have killed two whole populations of that creature before choosing it.
- Basic Avenger allows the Ranger to choose one favored enemy from the Avenger's Guild in any Sylvan town.
- Advanced Avenger allows the Ranger to choose two favored enemies from the Avenger's Guild in any Sylvan town.
- Expert Avenger allows the Ranger to choose three favored enemies from the Avenger's Guild in any Sylvan town.
- Ultimate Avenger allows the Ranger to choose four favored enemies from the Avenger's Guild in any Sylvan town.
It also allows Rangers to gain these abilities:
Deadeye Shot Edit
Grants Ranger an ability to attack any enemy creatures on the battlefield. The inflicted damage is +3 of their level. If that creature is present in Ranger's favorite enemy list then the critical strike is fulfilled, the damage is doubled, and it always kills at least one creature.
Imbue Arrow Edit
Allows Ranger to enhance their arrows with attacking or cursing spells. All Ranger's attacks (including Multishot or Deadeye Shot) will now not only inflict damage upon enemy creatures but also will immediately cast an imbued spell, draining Ranger's mana. Imbue Arrow lasts till the end of the fight or until all Ranger's mana is drained.
Rain of Arrows Edit
Grants Ranger an ability to attack all enemy creatures which are present in their favorite enemy list. The Ranger deals +3 of their level damage.
In Heroes V and Hammers of Fate, upgraded and unupgraded creatures count as seperate favored enemies - for example, liches and archliches are seperate targets. In Tribes of the East, upgrades, alternate upgrades, and unupgraded creatures all count as a single enemy.